Monday, January 14, 2013

[LeetCode] ZigZag Conversion 解题报告


The string "PAYPALISHIRING" is written in a zigzag pattern on a given number of rows like this: (you may want to display this pattern in a fixed font for better legibility)
P   A   H   N
A P L S I I G
Y   I   R
And then read line by line: "PAHNAPLSIIGYIR"
Write the code that will take a string and make this conversion given a number of rows:
string convert(string text, int nRows);
convert("PAYPALISHIRING", 3) should return "PAHNAPLSIIGYIR".
» Solve this problem

[解题思路]
数学题。巨无聊的一道题,真正面试过程中,不大可能出这种问题。
n=4
P              I              N
A         L  S         I   G
Y   A       H    R
P              I

N=5
P               H
A          S  I
Y      I       R
P   L          I      G
A              N

所以,对于每一层主元素(红色元素)的坐标 (i,j)= (j+1 )*n +i
对于每两个主元素之间的插入元素(绿色元素),(j+1)*n -i

[Code]
1:    string convert(string s, int nRows) {  
2:      // Start typing your C/C++ solution below  
3:      // DO NOT write int main() function    
4:      if(nRows <= 1) return s;  
5:      string result;  
6:      if(s.size() ==0) return result;  
7:      for(int i =0; i< nRows; i++)  
8:      {  
9:        for(int j =0, index =i; index < s.size();   
10:            j++, index = (2*nRows-2)*j +i)  
11:        {  
12:          result.append(1, s[index]);  //red element
13:          if(i ==0 || i == nRows-1)   //green element
14:          {            
15:            continue;  
16:          }  
17:          if(index+(nRows- i-1)*2 < s.size())  
18:          {  
19:            result.append(1, s[index+(nRows- i-1)*2]);  
20:          }  
21:        }  
22:      }  
23:      return result;  
24:    }  





No comments: